Tuesday 18 June 2013

The calm before the storm

For the last 6 days, I have not been Lymeywifey, I have been normalwifey, and it's great! Apologies in advance to those who are still stuck in the depths of Lymeville, I know it can be hard to hear about people doing stuff you can only dream of doing.

So after a period of a few months where I've not really felt normal at all, just constant crappiness and wibbliness, it is a welcome change. I've been making the most of it by going a bit crazy doing stuff- I know it won't last and grimness is on the horizon when my new drugs arrive and I can start my slime blob (Protomyxzoa rheumatica) regime.

In a fit of athletic prowess, I decided to walk up our local wee hill with kiddo in the backpack. I was sort of anticipating leg meltdown halfway and having to turn back, but I just kept going and we made it to the top (and back again). Fantastic. While I was in remission I was doing that and the neighbouring hill about once or twice a week, carrying kiddo and stomping up no bother. Since I've relapsed a year ago, I've been up once, and that was with my partner to carry kiddo and using crutches on the way down. This time I took walking sticks and used them and kiddo ran all the way down, which was a help since downhill is much worse for my legs. I wasn't even broken afterwards! Yeah, I did require a 2 hr nap straight after and was a bit elvisy that night, but basically fine. Fandabbydozy!

Very very chuffed.
The following day we went to a vintage steam fair with friends. I could walk fine, no symptoms at all. was nawty and ate a donut and vension burger- compulsory really, but no nasty effects bar a bit of bloating.  Then that evening we had a rare evening out- brother in law was playing a gig, so we went along. I was super nawty and had a pint of ale, which gave me a hangover, but at least I felt normal for a while. The following day I didn't do a  great deal, but the day after I was raking dead moss from the lawn and hoovering. Granted, I only did a tiny bit of  moss raking and had to collapse on the sofa after the hoovering, but not bad at all. 

Last night the shooting pains were back and I couldn't carry kiddo up the stairs this morning, so I suspect I'm heading for flare-o-clock. I've totally lost track of my 4 week cycle since I stopped doing a diary and was just quite sick most of the time. I'll have to get back to diary-keeping actually.

Dreading the new regime - a completely new set of drugs, most of which I've never tried before. Should be interesting. At least if I herx badly, I know there's still a fair bit of work to do in the war on my various bugs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the blog it is very important for know about the ambulance and I believe all the peoples are receiving great information and very helpful blog, here is one of the good ambulance flymed rescue provide with latest euipments that why it is also called acls ambulance which provide premedical first aid to the critical ill patient at the time of the transportation.

    ReplyDelete